<< Back to News
Online Banking Update
We have good news – your Online Banking will soon be receiving an upgrade with enhanced features and a new layout. Now you might be wondering how this change affects you. Not to worry. This article will outline all the important information that you need to know, so you’ll be ready when it happens.
First, let’s answer some common questions:
- When will the change happen?
Online Banking will update on October 24, 2021. Please note that Online Banking will be unavailable during the update on Sunday, Oct. 24, 2021 from 12: 01 AM to 4:00 AM.
- Does this affect the Mobile App?
This will not affect the mobile app, only Online Banking through a web browser.
- Will I need to change my Access ID or Passcode?
No, you won’t have to create a new Access ID or Passcode to login after the update.
- Is there anything I need to do for the change?
No, you don’t need to do anything. These changes will appear automatically for everyone.
While there’s nothing you need to do for the changes to happen, you may still want to get an idea of how Online Banking is going to look after the update. Overall, you can expect to see:
- A New landing page called OVERVIEW
- Personalization options with widgets
- New features providing faster access to current information
Let’s start with the changes to the Home page, which will now be called the Overview page.
Your Online Banking Home Page is turning into the Overview page. Here’s an example of what it will look like (please note that this is an example, and the colors will be different):
As you can see, there are some new features available and some information has been moved to different locations. The changes include:
- You can easily access Southern Bank’s contact information by clicking the phone icon along the top of any page within Online Banking.
- Alerts and Messages are still accessible from the top of any page within Online Banking by clicking the bell or email icons respectively.
- Services and Settings, which were previously accessed by clicking the “Contact Us” link, will now be accessible by clicking the gear icon along the top of any page within Online Banking.
- Log out will now be displayed in the dropdown under your name at the top right of the page along with your Profile Settings.
- Spendable balance is moving from the left side to the right side as its own widget in the widget column.
The new Overview page has 2 columns – Accounts (on the left) and Widgets (on the right).
- Accounts will include your Southern Bank accounts as well as any outside accounts you have synced.
The widgets section will include any widgets that are available to you.
Another Feature that will be available on the Overview Page is the Quickview Drawer:
- QuickView Drawer can be accessed by moving your mouse over an account line and clicking the icon that appears on the right side. You will then see:
- Most recent 5 transactions in the last 5 days on both Southern Bank Accounts and Outside accounts.
- Actions such as transferring in and/or out of that account.
- If you have a loan, you’ll also see the option to start your loan payment.
Here is an example of the new QuickView drawer feature:
That’s it for the Overview Page, now let’s take a look at the Accounts Page.
Example of the new Accounts Page:
As you can see in the image above, your Accounts page will also be getting a new look to make your information easier to view. The changes include:
- Links previously shown on the right side at the top of the page are now displayed as sub-tabs along with the existing Activity sub-tab.
- Primary account balances will display at the top right corner of the page.
- Additional details regarding the accounts can be accessed by clicking the link (More Details) under the Account Name/Nickname on the top left of the page.
Personal users will also have this additional feature:
- Outside Account Favorites (Personal users only)
- You can now add your synced Outside Accounts to your list of Favorites.
If you are a Business user, this additional feature is coming your way:
- Account Groups (Business users only)
- You’ll now be able to create unique groups of your accounts specific to your business. Create groups of accounts specific to different areas of your business or even geographical areas, and switch between groups with a simple click. You will also be able to include Outside Accounts within your account groups, and change the default group that you see each time you log into Online Banking. See the example below:
The last of the changes include the ability to customize the right column on your Overview Page to display widgets that give you quick access to the information you choose. Widgets include:
- Spendable Balance (Personal users only)
- My Spending (Personal users only)
- Category Watch (Personal users only)
- Pending Transfers (Personal and Business users)
- Unread Messages (Personal and Business users)
- My Credit Score & Reporting (Personal users only)
Example of the widgets column:
Well, that covers everything you need to know about the coming update. We’re confident these changes will enhance your experience and make accessing your information quick and easy. Don’t forget – Online Banking will be unavailable during the update on Sunday, October 24, 2021 from 12:01 AM to 4:00 AM.