Southern Bank offers a savings account option for youth. Babies, kids, and teens (under 18)¹ earn competitive interest on every dollar deposited. Teach your youth the value of saving money and give them skills that will benefit them throughout their life.
Youth Savings Account
It's never too early to start saving.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Competitive interest on entire balance.²
- 6 free withdrawals per month; after that, $1 per withdrawal.
- $25 minimum to open an account.
- $2 service charge per quarter. This can be avoided by maintaining a $25 minimum average daily balance.³
- At 18, a Youth Savings Account will convert to a Southern Savings Account.
Use our savings calculators > to help you plan and reach your goals.
You are about to leave BankWithSouthern.com
If you do not wish to leave the site, please click the “X” in the upper right hand corner, or reload the page in your browser.
1 A parent, grandparent, or legal guardian must jointly be on the account and must have an account relationship with Southern Bank. Once the youth turns 18 years old, this account is converted into a Southern Savings Account.
2 Current interest rates are available upon request and are subject to change daily.
3 A Service charge of $2.00 will be imposed every statement cycle if the average daily balance for the cycle falls below $25.00. The average daily balance is calculated by adding the principal in the account for each day of the statement cycle and dividing that figure by the number of days in the cycle. The period we use is 365/365.