You work hard, so should your money. Switch to a Southern Advantage account and let your money do more for you.
Checking that Earns.
Here’s what you can expect:
- 4.00% Annual Percentage Yield (APY)¹ on balances up to $25,000
- 1.00% APY¹ on the portion of balance over $25,000.00
- $500 minimum deposit to open an account
How to earn the 4.00% APY¹
Each monthly qualification cycle:
- Make at least 20 debit card purchases, and
- Have at least one recurring direct deposit, automatic payment (ACH), or auto debit.
If you don’t qualify one month, don’t worry. You can always get right back to earning 4.00% APY¹ the next month.
Use these downloadable PDF forms to quickly set up your direct deposit or automatic payment(s).
Rate of Return
A $5.00 monthly service fee applies, but can be easily avoided by:
- Maintaining an average monthly balance of $5,000, or
- Enrolling in online statements within online banking
Rates accurate as of May 5, 2023. Subject to change at any time.
Account available to residents of Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas, and Illinois only.
1 APY = Annual Percentage Yield. If qualifications are met each monthly qualification cycle, balances of $0.01 to $25,000.00 receive APY of 4.00%, and balances of $25,000.01 and up earn 0.05% APY. If qualifications are not met, all balances earn 0.05% APY. Qualifying transactions must post to and settle to the account during the monthly qualification cycle. “Monthly Qualification Cycle” means a period beginning the first day of the month and ending the last day of the month; which is the same date period as your statement cycle. Transactions may take one or more banking days from the date the transaction was made to post and settle to the account.
2 Enroll within online banking