"Alexa, Ask Southern Bank"
Easily and securely check your available balance, spendable balance, and ask common questions from any Alexa compatible device. Using this feature requires enrollment in our free online banking.
Voice Banking uses the Alexa Skills Service. Here's what you need to get started:
- Any Alexa device (e.g. Echo Dot)
- You must have your own personal Amazon account
- Mobile Device with Amazon Alexa app installed
- Internet access
- Valid online banking ID and passcode
*Amazon and Alexa are trademarks of Amazon.com Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
There are two ways to find your Voice Banking Skill
- Launch the Amazon Alexa app > Go to Skills & Games > Search for "Southern Bank" to find Southern Bank Voice Banking
- From your Alexa Device > say "Alexa, open Southern Bank"
**Note: You will still be required to complete account linking.
To complete account linking:
- Sign into the Alexa app using your Amazon creditentials
- Navigate to Southern Bank's Alexa Skill page (refer to step 1 in Enable Skill)
- Click Enable to use
- Leave Device Country and Postal Code checked and click Save Permissions
- Click Settings
- Click Link Account
- Enter your login credentials and answer your security question
- Accept Terms and Conditions
- Create a spoken passcode (4-digit numeric). This spoken passcode is required to access account balances.
Voice Banking FAQs
Once you are ready to talk to Alexa, say: "Alexa, ask Southern Bank" any of the following questions. This particular list of questions does not require account linking.
Linked Account FAQs
Balance Inquiry: You can ask Alexa for your balances in a number of different ways. For each scenario, after you ask your question, Alexa will reply with, "To access secure information, please provide your voice PIN." Once the PIN has been identified, Alexa will provide the response.
Alexa, ask Southern Bank, what is my account balance?
Alexa will read back the balance for the primary account associated within your mobile banking.
Alexa, ask Southern Bank, what is my (nickname) balance?
Alexa will find/match a specific balance by reading the account nicknames.
All balances for an account type
Alexa, ask Southern Bank, what is my checking account balance?
Alexa will read back the number of accounts you have for that account type, and proceed with reading the nickname and balance per account.
Alexa, ask Southern Bank, what are all of my balances?
Alexa will read back all balances in the order they appear in the mobile app.
Spendable Balance: Here are a few examples of ways you can ask for your spendable balance.
"Alexa, ask Southern Bank."
- For my spendable balance.
- What is my spendable balance?
- What is the spendable balance on my account?
- How much is my spendable balance?
- What is the spendable balance in my checking account?