- Lost or Stolen Southern Bank Debit Card
If you suspect unauthorized use of your card, or your card is lost or stolen, please notify us at 1-855-452-7272. One of our 24-hour service representatives will be glad to assist you.
- Debit Card Transaction Dispute
To file a dispute on any ATM or Check Card purchase, please call your local branch or 1-855-4Kasasa. A customer service representative will connect you with our Cardholder Services Department. If you need to file a dispute after hours please call our 1-855-4Kasasa line and follow the voice response options. Once you are connected to our Cardholder Services Department you will give a description of the transaction(s) and the reason for the dispute. A specialist will gather this information and input it into a card holder statement. This statement and instructions will be sent to you in the mail. Follow the instructions and return the statement to Cardholder Services. Provisional Credit will be issued to your account during the time period of investigation. The results of the investigation will determine whether the provisional credit will be applied as final credit to the account or revoked. You will receive a letter notifying you of the results of the investigated dispute.
To expedite the dispute process you can voluntarily complete the Card Holder Statement Form located on our website and submit it to Cardholder Services rather than wait for one to be mailed to you. If you choose this method, be sure to obtain the case number from the Cardholder Service representative that is taking your request over the phone.
- Disputes can be reported for transactions that are no older than 60 days from the most recent account statement.
- It may take up to 10 days for provisional credit to be posted to your account.
- Disputes may take up to 90 days to investigate.
- Provide a thorough description of the reason for the dispute and any other documentation you may have to help the Cardholder Services department investigate your dispute.
- Return all documentation as quickly as possible or provisional credit could be removed.
- If you have any problems filing a dispute, please contact your local Customer Service Manager for assistance.
Click here to download and complete the form. Once completed, please bring it in to one of our locations.
- Lost or Stolen Southern Bank Credit Card
If you suspect unauthorized use of your credit card, or your credit card is lost or stolen, please notify us at 1-800-558-3424 (Consumer Card) or 1-866-552-8855 (Business Card) 24-hours a day.
- CardValet App
By downloading the free CardValet app to your smartphone, you're always in control of card activity. Turn cards off and on, set thresholds, monitor transactions, and much more — all from your phone. Best of all, it's customizable to your preferences.
- Protect yourself against fraud in a customizable way
- Free app, available from your smartphone’s app store
- Turn cards off and on
- Control locations
- Set up merchant type controls
- Set thresholds
- Set alert preferences
- Monitor transactions
- Step 1 - Download CardValet App
- Step 2 – Enter card information
- Card number
- Security code
- Card expiration
- Step 3 – Verify acceptance
- Step 4 – Create your account
- Create username and password
- Enter email
*For security purposes, the address entered must match the address on file at Southern Bank exactly.
How To: Turn Cards Off
When your card is ON, transactions are allowed in accordance with your control settings. When the card is OFF, no purchases or withdrawals are approved. This control can be used to disable a lost or stolen card.
- Select the On/Off toggle to turn card on or off
- Confirm changes
- Card status: Green=On; Red=Off
How To: Control Locations
The My Location control can restrict transactions to merchants located within a certain range of each cardholder’s location (using your phone’s GPS); transactions requested outside of the specified range can be declined. Location options include:
- None (Location policy is not enabled)
- My Location (Matches cardholder’s phone location to merchant location, and denies if no match)
- My Regions (User selects a regional area from a map) RECOMMENDED
- International (Enables International policy)
Note: If ‘my locations’ is selected and the cardholder’s phone and the card are not in the same location, transactions will be declined. Location control does not impact card-not-present transactions.
How To: Set Up Merchant Type Controls
CardValet allows you to set debit card limits for the types of merchants allowed – such as location and dollar amounts, which is a great tool for parents and employers.
- Merchant Types ON enables all merchant types
- Turn OFF individual merchant types to control transactions
How To: Set Thresholds
With CardValet, you can set user thresholds to help control debit card spending.
- Select Threshold Policy ON to enable threshold amounts
- Cardholders can specify an amount above which transactions should NOT be authorized
Note: If thresholds is turned on, an amount must be entered or all transactions will be declined.
How To: Set Alert Preferences
CardValet can send you real-time push notifications, such as alerts when your balance is low or when your card is used.
- Select “Alert Preferences” to specify card alert settings
- Alerts can be generated based on location, merchant types and thresholds
How To: Monitor Transactions
You can also view recent account transactions via CardValet, to help monitor and control spending.
- Under Card Details, select Recent Transactions
- View pending, cancelled, denied and posted transactions
- Travel Notifications
Our EnFact Service monitors for fraudulent activity, and foreign transactions have the potential to be seen as fraudulent activities. To protect our cardholders from this threat, some countries have been blocked for debit card usage. To exempt your card from restrictions to foreign countries, please call us at 1-855-452-7272. One of our 24-hour service representatives will be glad to assist you.